Cold Weather Car Hacks
November 19, 2016
7 Winter Driving Tips
10 Best Car Innovations of 2016
September 14, 2016
Preventative maintenance for worry-free Winter driving.
September 10, 2016
The Future of Car Safety
August 11, 2016
Wet Roads, More Accidents
July 29, 2016
3-Second Rule Can Prevent Car Accidents
July 26, 2016
Gas-Saving Tips for Your Vehicle
July 15, 2016
Hot Weather Driving
July 4, 2016
Servicing Your Vehicle's Cooling System
June 25, 2016
Your Never Too Low For Us!
June 24, 2016
1. Try to park your car with the windshield facing east. This will cause the snow to melt and warm up your car!
2. Instead of buying store-bought de-fogger that can cost $7 a bottle, use shaving cream. Just spread a thin layer on the inside of your windshield, then wipe with a clean cloth. Voilà!
3. Keep an emergency kit in your car, one that won't break the bank.
4. Get an oil change to avoid expensive repairs later on. But, you may not need to get one every 3,000 miles as previously thought.
5. If you have frozen ice on your door handles and you're in a pinch, it can be melted off using hand sanitizer.
6. Check tire tread to make sure tires will be safe for winter.
7. Instead of buying winter washer fluid, make your own by combining a bit of rubbing alcohol, with water.
7.5 Keep your gas tank partially full
8. Check the fluids and consider a tune up.
9. Cover your side mirrors with a freezer-sized Ziplock bag, zipped as far as it will go. This prevents ice from forming and keep you from spending time cleaning your mirrors.
10. Make sure your wiper blades work.
11. Make sure heaters and defrosters are working.
12. If your car gets stuck in the snow, try putting kitty litter under the tires to gain some traction. You could even use your car mats if you get in a pinch.
13. Have the brakes checked.
14. Check your tire pressure and consider snow tires. Tire pressure can have a direct impact on how much you spend on gas!
15. A spray of WD-40 can keep a keyhole from getting frozen.
16. To keep ice from forming on your windows, spray your car windows with a 3:1 vinegar and water mixture.
17. To keep ice and snow off your windshield altogether, throw an area rug or large blanket over your windshield.